Friday, November 1, 2013

Cute & Easy Homemade Christmas Cards



I've see so many adorable ideas for Christmas cards on Pinterest and I always think I could do that. Then November rolls around, and before long it's Thanksgiving and I never started on making my Christmas cards.

Let's face it crafting takes time. No matter the project it seems to always take longer than you think it should. This year I was determined to do something I made myself. And while I think sending Christmas cards seems to be a thing of the past, I decided I would surprise all my friends and family with a cutesy Christmas card.


This has got to be one of the simplest project I've ever done! You don't have to worry about precision and the washi tape is really easy to use. You could cut the ends to make it look neater but I really like the ripped, tapered effect for the Christmas tree.

I bought everything I needed at Michael's Crafts. The washi tape is really inexpensive and after making 50 cards I still have enough for probably 200 more cards. The cards and envelopes were the biggest cost at $9.99, but you can use a 40% off coupon.


I hand stamped the inside with a simple Merry Christmas stamp, and called it good! Simple but yet really cute. It would even be a terrific project to do with your kids.

My only suggestion is do them early and avoid the stress of getting your cards out at the last minute. Merry Christmas!

1 comment: